Welcome to the Losonczy Lab website! Our lab is part of the Columbia University Medical Center, Department of Neuroscience, the Kavli Institute for Brain Science at Columbia, and the Mortimer Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia.
Wall Street Journal
- January: Our paper on in vivo characterization of hippocampal mossy cells with calcium imaging is published in Neuron.
- May: Jeff Zaremba successfully defended his PhD thesis. Congrats Dr. Zaremba!
- January: A collaborative study on the role of GABAergic entorhinal inputs in fear learning is published in Science. Congrats Jeff!
- February: Welcome Dr. Wenke Li, a new postdoctoral research scientist in our lab!
- February: A collaborative paper on monosynaptic tracing is out in Neuron. Congrats Reardon!
- March: A collaborative study on the role of adult-born granule cells in dentate gyrus is out in Neuron. Congrats Nathan! Some media coverage:
- March: Patrick’s modeling study on mnemonic functions for nonlinear integration of laminar inputs by hippocampal pyramidal cells is accepted for publication in Neuron. Congrats Patrick!
- May: Welcome Dr. Fraser Sparks, a new postdoctoral research scientist in our lab!
- July: Nathan’s study on imaging of hippocampal CA1 pyramidal cell subpopulations during learning is online in Neuron. Congrats again Nathan! Some media coverage:
- September: A paper is out in Current Biology from our collaboration with the Polleux lab on mitochondria motility with our in vivo mito imaging is out. Congrats Gergo!
- November: Nathan Danielson successfully defended his PhD thesis. Congrats Dr. Danielson!
- December: our collaborative paper with the Hen lab on in vivo imaging dentate gyrus granule cells was selected into the Best of Neuron 2015-16
- February: Congratulation to Jeff Zaremba on his NIH NRSA Predoctoral Fellowship!
- April: Jack Bowler got into the Neuro Graduate Program at Columbia – Congrats Jack!
- May: Attila received the Dr. Harold and Golden Lamport Research Award at Columbia
- July: Congratulations to Patrick Kaifosh on his successful thesis defense!
- August: Welcome Dr. Andres Grosmark, a new postdoctoral fellow in our lab!
- August: Welcome our new graduate students: Elizabeth Balough, Alexandra Kaufman, and Sebi Rolotti!
- September: Welcome our new lab manager: Rachel Rampil
- September: The lab receives NIH R01 grant in collaboration with Ivan Soltesz (Stanford)
- October: The lab receives NIH Brain Initiative Award on a project “High-speed volumetric imaging of neuronal network activity at depth using Multiplexed Scanned Temporal Focusing (MuST)” in collaboration with Alipasha Vaziri (IMP Vienna, Rockefeller University)
- February – check out the BBC Radio Science coverage of our Science Article
- April – two of our collaborative works – with Ivan Soltesz’s group (UC Irvine) and with Rene Hen’s group (Columbia) – got accepted in Neuron. Check out the video abstract of the work with the Soltesz group.
- May – our open source software package (SIMA) developed by Patrick, Jeff and Nathan for analysis of fluorescence imaging data is now freely available.
- August-September – The paper describing the SIMA analysis package is published online in Frontiers in Neuroinformatics
- September: Congratulation to Nathan Danielson on his NIH NRSA Predoctoral Fellowship!
- September-October: Our lab receives NIH Brain Initiative Award on a project “Towards a complete description of the circuitry underlying memory replay” in collaboration with Ivan Soltesz (UC Irvine), Gyorgy Buzsaki (NYU), and John Lisman (Brandeis)
- October: SIMA got onto Labrigger (!)
- November: Gergo’s paper in Neuropharmacology is online